David L. Newman281-259-1062 Home
Professional SummaryFifteen plus years of Information Technology experience.
Twenty years of project management experience in a variety of roles
Proficient in the analysis, design, development and implementation of on-line mission critical reporting and Enterprise Content Management. Significant experience in team management and problem resolution in working with diverse groups. Proficient in hardware and software setup and troubleshooting. Five years as a Aircraft Maintenace Department Auditor/Quality Assurance Supervisor/Inspector for the entire 4th Marine Aircraft Wing Three years as a Aircraft Maintenance Control Supervisor
Two years as a Aircraft Maintenance Quality Assurance Supervisor
6 years as a Aircraft Maintenance Department Workcenter Supervisor.
Over 20 years of Individual and Team oriented analytical experience
CertificationsLotus Certified Specialist
Lotus Certified Lotus Professional R4.x R5.0
Principal Certified Lotus Professional R4.x R5.x
Working towards my MCTS in Sharepoint 2010
Hardware and Software Experince
MD Anderson Cancer CenterMarch 2005 - Present - Sr. Research Programmer
As the Sr. Research Programmer for the Office of Research Administration (ORA), I am responsible for the maintenance of three mission critical Lotus Notes Applications. I also maintain and do the programming for the ORA Sharepoint website and the ORA intranet website. I have developed several department databases using web access Security and workflow. I build and maintain Crystal Reports for the department and am responsible for all of the electronic systems within the department. I am the liaison with the central IT department. I am the Project Manager for most ORA information technology projects. I have built several management tools using Visual Studio and Microsoft SQL server. I have developed web based training using Lectora Publisher and SABA Learning Management System. I create Sharepoint sites and custom workflows and forms with in sharepoint.
MD Anderson Cancer CenterJuly 2001 - March 2005 - Sr. Domino Developer
As a Sr. Domino Developer I was responsible for developing Lotus Notes Application in versions 4.5 and 5.0. I was the Project Manager/Developer on most of these projects. I did the analysis, design and coding on these projects. I followed System Development Life Cycle guidelines on the projects.
- Developed an application for submitting and tracking Employee Training Requests
- Developed an application for submitting and tracking Pager Requests
- Developed an application for submitting and tracking Conference Room Reservations
- Developed an application for submitting and tracking Conflict of Interest Disclosures
- Developed an application for submitting and tracking Job Update Information (eJDUF)
- Developed 2004 Employee Education Event
- Developed 2003 Employee Education Event
- Developed 2002 Employee Education Event
- Developed 2001 Employee Education Event
- Developed Method for Tracking Patient Clinical Trials
- Performed application support
- Performed R4 – R5 Migration Testing
- Performed application upgrades
KForce.comJun 2000 – July 2001 - Lotus Notes Developer
- Enhanced R4.6 applications
- Enhanced R5 Intranet applications
- Developed an application for tracking Advertising Requests.
- Developed an application for Course Tracking
- Developed an application for tracking Managed Care Contracts
- Developed an application for Invention Disclosure Reporting
- Developed an Intranet application for the annual employee education testing.
- Maintained and troubleshot a variety of Lotus Notes applications V 4.x.
- Developed a database for Servcie Level Agreement Tracking
- Developed a database for Servcie Level Agreement Measurement Reporting
- Developed a survey database for anonymous submittal of survey's.
- Developed an application for sending files and tracking print request sent to the Corporate Print Center.
- Setup and configured a Sametime 1.5 Server.
- Setup and configured a Sametime 2.0 Server
- Setup and configured a Quickplace2.0 Server
- Setup and configured a Domino.doc 2.5/3.0 Server.
- Setup and configured DECS.
- Setup and configured a Domino Extended Search Server.
Technical Star ConsultingNov 99 - May 2000 - Lotus Notes Developer
- Developed, maintained and troubleshot a variety of Lotus Notes applications V 4.x.
- Developed a Version Control tracking database, a Finance and Insurance Tracking Database, a Domino Directory listing database, a Domino Classifieds Ads Database, and a Domino Job Postings Database.
- Performed Database upgrades to include Intelliprint, a Lotus Notes printing add-on for customized forms and reports.
- Developed a Startup Home page for Lotus Notes 4.6 at a large manufacturing facility.
- Upgraded a Polices and Procedures Database.
- Performed design and security enhancements to an Asset and Sales Tracking database using Lotus Notes 4.6.
- Developed a database for connecting to StreamServe Reporting Server.
Groupware InnovationsMay 98 - Oct 99 - Lotus Notes Developer/Administrator
- Developed, maintained and troubleshot a variety of Lotus Notes Applications V 4.x.
- Developed Web databases and a Notes search engine for a Physician directory using Lotus Notes 4.62, Domino v.5, and HTML.
- Developed Web database for Automobile Insurance Company for Policy Holder information that draws information from RPG on an AS/400 and populates a Notes Database.
U.S. Marine Corp.Jul 88 - May 98 - INFORMATION SYSTEMS COORDINATOR (Collateral Duties)
- Developer and maintenance of Lotus Notes V3.x applications.
- Participated in Lotus Notes Application Development V 4.x.
- Created an application for the tracking of Personnel in the 4th Marine Aircraft Wing and an application for tracking ammunition usage.
- Developed applications for approving travel requests and reviewing an inspection checklist.
- Created an application for tracking, reviewing, maintaining and approving an Aircraft Maintenance Inspection Team schedule.
- Developed a company wide electronic Newsletter.
- Responsible for all hardware and software upgrades
U.S. Marine Corp.Jul 78 - May 98 4th Marine Aircraft Wing Aviation Logistics Maintenance Management Team Staff Non-Commissioned Officer In Charge (SNCOIC) (2 Years)
4th Marine Aircraft Wing Rotary Wing SNCOIC (2 Years)
4th Marine Aircraft Wing Individual Material Readiness List Staff Non-Commissioned Officer In Charge SNCOIC (2 Years)
Marine Air Group 42 Quality Assurance SNCOIC (2 Years)
Marine Air Group 42 Maintenance Control SNCOIC (2 Years)
Marine Air Group 42 Flight Line SNCOIC
UH-IN Helicopter Mechanic
- Information Systems Coordinator course
- Lotus Notes Application Development I
- Lotus Notes Basic/Advanced Administration (CBT)
- Lotus Notes Application Development II
- Introduction to Lotus Script
- Workflow Designs Domino Web Development (Top Gun)
- Trouble shooting Windows NT 4.0 in the Enterprise Environment (CBT)
- Net.Commerce Installation, Setup and Administration for the AS/400 (IBM)
- The View R5 Application Developers Seminar
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5 (CBT)
- The View R6 Application Developers Seminar
- MD Anderson Team Building Skills
- .NET Developer Training
- Structured Software Testing
- Requirements Management
- Websphere Server Administration
- Webshpere Application Systems Development
- Crystal Reports Basic
- Crystal Reports Advanced
- Planning Successful Projects
- Proactive Listening
- What Matters Most
- Requirements and Test Mgmt MIS Department
- Oracle University 10g Administration Workshop 1
- Oracle University 10g SQL Fundamentals I
- Contract and Vendor Management
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Customizing Sharepoint 2007
- Programming Concepts of Visual Studio 2005 for SharePoint Development
- Microsoft Tech-ed 2008 Developers Conference
- Microsoft Tech-ed 2010 Developers Conference
- Introduction to Process Automation with Extranet Process Manager (x2)
- Navy Marine Corp Medal
- Air Medal (with Strike Flight 1)
- Navy Commendation Medal
- Navy Achievement Medal (2)
- Good Conduct Medal (5)
- Lotus Beacon Award (2)
- M.D. Anderson Cancer Center Performance Award (2)
- M.D. Anderson Cancer Center Letter of Appreciation